Reporting to the Management Accountant you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly accounts using Sage50.
Specific accounting duties will include:
- Running of Sage50 including Purchase and Sales ledger.
- Coding and entering of Supplier invoices.
- Reconciliation of Supplier statements.
- Preparing weekly supplier BACS payment runs.
- Ensuring sales invoices are raised and sent in a timely manner.
- Credit Control – Building relationships with customers to ensure prompt payment of sales invoices.
- Filing of accounts paperwork.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Year End audit.
Admin duties to include:
- Answering in-coming telephone calls.
- Meet and greet of visitors.
- Updating the company calendar.
- Ordering of Company supplies (stationery etc).
- Arranging company travel arrangements.
- Providing ad-hoc administrative support to the directors.
The successful candidate will have a flexible attitude and approach to work and a keen eye for detail. Previous accounts experience is essential along with knowledge of Sage50, Excel and Outlook. Experience of working within an Engineering / Manufacturing background desirable but not essential.
The hours of work are 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday.
This position offers 25 days holiday, paid bank holidays, free parking and profit related bonus.