As a New Product Introduction Engineer you will be responsible for the smooth introduction of customer’s prototype and established products into our manufacturing operations.
As this role involves a high degree of customer contact at a technical level, it would suit candidates with a strong practical engineering background, coupled with excellent communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Liaise with customers at an engineering level to finalise the Bill of Materials (BOM) and supporting manufacturing data.
- Manipulate and Import ECAD data into BOMs and output parts list into specific assembly and manufacturing formats.
- Define build structure for multi-board and system level products.
- Oversee assembly of ‘First off’ product and liaise with customers to resolve specific technical problems.
- Produce all build documentation with assistance from design and product engineering teams in line with the company quality systems.
- Provide customer post-delivery technical assistance and support.
- Resolve internal manufacturing technical queries.
The successful applicant will ideally be educated to HNC or degree level in electronics or a related engineering discipline. Previous experience in a similar role or industry will be acceptable in lieu of formal qualifications.
You should have a keen eye for detail and an aptitude for delivering ‘right first time’ results, with the ability to work well under pressure and to meet solid deadlines. Good computer skills are essential covering standard office applications e.g. Excel and experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages.
Specific CAD system and technology training will be provided, as required, so you should have a desire and aptitude for learning new skills.
This position offers 25 days holiday, paid bank holidays, pension scheme, free parking and profit related bonus.