New Product Introduction is a cornerstone of our mission to help our customers create world beating products. From prototype to full production you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth introduction of these innovative designs and associated data packages into our production processes.
This role involves a high degree of customer contact and problem solving at a technical level and would suit candidates with excellent communication skills and a keen interest in electronics manufacture.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with customers at an engineering level to design manufacturing methods and supporting manufacturing data.
- Translation and Import of ECAD data into our internal manufacturing formats.
- Defining build structures and processes for multi-board and system level products.
- Creating internal build documentation with assistance from design and product engineering teams in line with the company quality systems.
- Overseeing assembly of ‘First off’ product and working with our customers and engineering teams to resolve technical issues.
- Providing customer post-delivery technical feedback and support future product enhancements / optimisation.
The successful applicant will ideally:
- Be educated to degree level (minimum HNC) in electronics or a related engineering discipline although previous experience in a similar role will be acceptable in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Have good baseline computer skills and experience of ECAD systems with the ability to learn new systems and concepts quickly.
- Have a keen eye for detail and an aptitude for delivering ‘right first time’ results.
- Operate effectively under tight deadlines constraints.
- Have a pro-active approach to problem solving.
Appropriate training will be provided dependant on the applicant’s background and previous experience.
This position offers 25 days holiday, paid bank holidays, pension scheme, free parking and profit related bonus.
(Personal applications only)