Technician – Product Design and Development (Electronics)
Salary range: Negotiable for the right candidate.
Location: Widnes Cheshire.
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the UK
We are looking for an enthusiastic Electronics Technician to work alongside our Electronic Product design team. In supporting our design team and the rest of the business there will be a highly varied range of tasks to be undertaken from assembly of electronics, optics, mechanics, through to testing and debugging of the latest designs. Training will be given on assembly / manufacturing techniques and the use of modern CAD packages for electronic and mechanical design.
Duties will include:
- Assembly of prototypes, including electronics, mechanics and optical subsystems.
- Testing, modification, rework and repair of electronic and mechanical assemblies.
- Providing technical support for the wider business including manufacture of jigs and test equipment, repairs and equipment installation.
- Providing 3D-printing, laser and routing services.
- Maintaining the design laboratory and equipment.
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- A team player with a passion for learning new skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident at handling data accurately, using modern IT systems.
Qualifications / Previous Experience:
- Ideally you should have previous experience in electronics either in the workplace or as a significant personal interest.
- Qualifications in Electronics or related disciplines would be an advantage, however; Demonstrable skills and a passion for learning will be considered in lieu of any formal qualifications.
- Good literacy, numeracy and communications skills are important.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of additional benefits for all of our team, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave increasing to 30 days after 5 years plus paid statutory bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme of 5% employer and 4% employee contributions.
- Free on-site parking.
- Profit related bonus scheme.
- Flexible working hours with a 10am – 4pm core hours.
- Complimentary Tea & coffee available on site.
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 01 December 2018, 10am
Interviews will be held in Widnes.
Please apply even if you are not available for interview during these weeks – and let us know in your cover letter – alternative arrangements can always be made for the promising candidates.
To apply for this position online please visit the below online application form and fill out the indicated details.
(Personal applications only)