As part of the purchasing team you will be reporting to the purchasing team leader and be responsible for placing and efficiently expediting purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery is achieved for our customers.
Duties will include:
- Place purchase orders on the in-house database – amending and updating where necessary.
- Deal with purchase order queries – resolving short delivery issues and arranging return of incorrect items received.
- Secure timely delivery on short lead times with the change in production demand.
- Efficiently expedite purchase orders with suppliers.
- Create and manage relationships with approved suppliers.
- Liaise directly with customers to secure prompt delivery of free-issue components.
- Provide administration support to the purchasing department.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with a confident & persuasive telephone manner. Have the ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure. Knowledge of Excel and Outlook essential. Experience of working within an Engineering / Manufacturing background desirable but not essential.
This position offers 25 days holiday, paid bank holidays, pension scheme, free parking and profit related bonus.