As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of both manually operated and automated test equipment. This role would suit candidates with a strong practical engineering and programming background.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of test documentation (Schemes, Test Plans, Certificates)
- Ensuring that assembled product is tested in an appropriate and timely manner and that all ESD, technical and quality requirements are followed.
- Assist with fault diagnosis to component level using appropriate equipment.
- Providing “First Time Pass” data / records / reports and analysis to the wider business and quality teams.
- Working with sales/production/quality departments to ensure returns are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Assisting the sales and technical teams in preparation of bids for work involving test and calibration of product.
- Assisting with the creation of new software/hardware systems to support improved test and reporting to improve test process efficiency.
As the successful applicant you will ideally be educated to degree level in electronics or a related engineering discipline. However, previous demonstrable experience in a similar role or industry will be accepted in lieu of formal qualifications.
You should have a keen eye for detail and an aptitude for delivering ‘right first time’ results against challenging project timescales. Good general computer skills are essential.
Where necessary specific system level training will be provided.
This position offers 25 days holiday, paid bank holidays, pension scheme, free parking and profit related bonus.