Up to £25,000 DOE
As an Assembly Project Engineer you will be responsible for the smooth introduction of customer manufacturing data for prototypes and established products into our manufacturing operations. As this role involves a high degree of customer contact at a technical level, it would suit candidates with a strong practical engineering background, coupled with excellent communication skills.
The successful applicant will ideally be educated to degree level (minimum HNC) in electronics or a related engineering discipline. Previous experience in a similar role or industry will be acceptable in lieu of formal qualifications.
A keen eye for detail and an aptitude for delivering ‘right first time’ results, with the ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines. Good computer skills are essential (Excel & CAD), and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
Duties will include:
- Liaise with customers at an engineering level to finalise the Bill of Materials (BOM) and supporting manufacturing data.
- Manipulate and Import ECAD data into BOMs and output parts list into specific assembly and manufacturing formats.
- Define build structure for multi-board and system level products.
- Oversee assembly of ‘First off’ product and liaise with customers to resolve specific technical problems.
- Produce all build documentation with assistance from design and product engineering teams in line with the company quality systems.
- Provide customer post-delivery technical assistance and support.
- Resolve internal manufacturing technical queries.
Where necessary specific system level training will be provided.
This position offers 25 days holiday, paid bank holidays, pension scheme, free parking and profit related bonus.
To apply for this position online please visit the below online application form and fill out the indicated details.
(Personal applications only)