The selection of the right components for a design is critical to its success. Working across our design, new product engineering and procurement teams you will be responsible for the selection, introduction and maintenance of components within our databases and associated documentation systems.
Duties will include:
- Introduction and maintenance of component records in our internal systems.
- Establishing and maintaining technical contacts with major manufacturers and suppliers.
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to obtain approvals for new and alternate components and verifying any necessary regulatory approvals.
- Dissemination of critical component information, from new introductions to last time buy and obsolescence notification.
- Assistance with component selection, pricing and lead time data for our design and manufacturing operations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A degree in electronics or substantial relevant experience.
- At least 2 years industrial experience in a related role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a problem solver with the initiative to find solutions.
- Be well organised and have the ability to multi-task.
- Have a keen eye for important detail.
- Experience with Excel and MRP/ERP systems.